CIDOC CRM, BMX, LIDO, Mapping...
- Ontology Engineering
- Liste de tâches
- Ontology for representing digitization processes, especially in architecture, developed as part of 3D COFORM.
- included in the CRM conversion tool http://www.cidoc-crm.org/downloads/CidocXML2RDFv6.rar, file 3D-COFORM_CRMdig_v2.5.rdfs
- includes entities such as D1.Digital_Object, D2.Digitization_Process, D3.Formal_Derivation, D8.Digital_Device, D9.Data_Object
- still in draft: many descriptions are missing...
Ontology Engineering is a significant part of the project, although it is not listed as a separate pricing item.
- One of the most important parts of the system are annotations of various objects and parts of objects (eg image areas)
- An object part (eg painting area) can merit to be treated as "almost an object" on its own. Eg I may want to say "these are female hands", relate them to other painters who did similar subjects, identify a different technique or painting style, etc.
- And maybe there is need to annotate other annotations? Eg "X said S on date M, however Y disagreed with S because of T on date N:
- I'm no CRM expert, but is CRM rich enough to express such "Research Findings Ontology"?
- http://www.openannotation.org standards are cited, but again I am not sure they are enough. An annotation should be able to link to other semantic objects (collection objects, artists, techniques, etc).
- An integrated ontology is needed.
Is CIDOC CRM sufficient as a Research Findings ontology?
- maybe yes, since there entities such as Attribute_Assignment that record who determined what aspect of which object when
- even if not, it can be extended
- BM has some funds for CRM consultancy by Martin Doerr.
- obvious extension to CRM ontology will be the specification of the property P3F.has_note, types of Inscriptions, etc.
- an important addition to CIDOC-CRM will be the annotation ontology, which will extend its Attribute Assignment part.
Add more description of CRM
How rich is CRM (classes, properties, relations...)
Linking CRM ontology to UI objects