You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version. Compare with Current | View Page History
http://www.opencontext.org: a site to discover, reference, and publish primary data data, images, reports and field documentation collected in archaeology
- data entry in archaeology is a complex discipline with its own science: Stratification (aka Stratigraphy).
- every piece of data, photo, artefact is bound to the exact place it was found, called context (aka Stratigraphic unit).
- Created by Alexandria Archive Institute, a not-for-profit organization
- spun off from Information and Service Design Program at the UC Berkeley School of Information
- main involved:
- Dr. Sarah Whitcher Kansa (Executive Director, AAI): archaeology
- Eric Kansa (ISD Executive Director, I-School Adjunct Professor): software development.
- Don't know if this is related to RDF in any way, but I marvel at the richness of information
Maria: study OpenContext. Does it use RDF in any way?