- A public website for sharing information
- A wiki (Confluence) for discussion, technical materials, coordination and collaboration
- A digital repository (DSpace) for storing and presenting digitized cultural heritage
- Conversion/ingestion tools for converting objects to the required Europeana formats (ESE and in the future EDM)
- An OAI-PMH endpoint for serving content to Europeana
- Semantic search using OWLIM (in the future)
The mission of the Bulgariana initiative includes the following goals:
- improve communication between Bulgarian organizations working in the cultural heritage domain
- Please join the Google group Cultural Heritage Digitalisation
- improve technical and organizational collaboration
- share information about funding possibilities and calls
- work together on proposals and projects
- concentrate and focus the efforts of the Bulgarian cultural heritage community
- provide a default platform for IT research related to cultural heritage, and an opportunity for small museums and other institutions to host their collections
If this is about Bulgarian heritage, why these pages are in English?
The reason is that in this way we hope to attract external partners more easily
We are always open for collaboration with other partners. There are many ways in which you can contribute:
- get an account on our wiki to contribute pages and news items (blogs)
- organize meetings and seminars
- run student internships or master thesis works using our platform
- put more collections at the Bulgariana repository
- publish in Europeana via Bulgariana
- share ideas for proposals and projects
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss a potential collaboration.
In addition to Bulgariana there are several aggregators that ingest Bulgarian content and publish to Europeana.
They are maintained at the Library of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Varna Regional Library, National Archeological Museum.
If you would like to publish your data via Bulgariana, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide support for metadata conversion, data ingestion, administration, communication with Europeana.