The KIM populater module is a tool for populating a KIM Server with documents. It initiates reading of the documents and the associated metadata files, representing them as an internal document object, and invoking text analysis components to run over the document content. The resulting document, enriched with metadata, is stored and indexed. This section describes how to set up the module, what the different running scenarios are, and how to load documents in standard or queue mode. The tool supports various types of logging, including logging through a Web service.
The population goes through the following main steps:
- finding and grouping files related to one KIM document (requests file, some copies of the file body, metadata, etc.)
- creating a document by using located file groups
- generating annotations for the document
- storing semantic information retrieved from the document
- storing the document in the document repository
- parallel logging of the events appearing in the population process (information, errors, etc.)
The module is controlled through the configuration file populater.xml . The tool supports both console and graphical mode. When Graphical User Interface (GUI) mode is used some of the configuration parameters can be changed through the interface. The logging is based on Logback. Its configuration is located in <KIM_HOME>/config/logback.xml.