Related to this subject
- Semantic Problems of Thesaurus Mapping, Journal of Digital Information, 2001
- Effective Terminology Support for Distributed Digital Collections, DELOS Workshop, 1998
- Vlado: I think I'll convert the spec to confluence, since I can't read the images in viewdoc, and it'll be easier to discuss.
- Compare SILK features to spec requirements
- Try out SILK on Smithsonian data and compare to USC results
Idea for extra functionality: ability to map a smaller local thesaurus to a large remote thesaurus (eg VIAF) by invoking a search API.
Rationale: sometimes a user may not be able to load the large thesaurus locally, either because of size or licensing (eg Getty ULAN)
Difficulty: it's a completely different data matching problem; you rely on the remote API to provide resaonable matches