National Gallery Research is experimenting with SMW for data related to paintings and conservation
- list of all classes (categories) involved.
51 of them are CRM classes, 27 are NG-defined classes (most of them CRM extensions), and there are about 20 not yet created classes (redlinks)
- the class hierarchy is reflected in the category hierarchy http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:E13-Attribute_Assignment
- indication that the classes ("Category") and properties ("Type:Page") are created throughj automatic import:
- the last page shows 48 ext classes and 81 ext properties of NG, but not all of them are defined
- CRM ext of NG in RDFS format http://rdf.ng-london.org.uk/2012/4/NG_CIDOC_v5.0.4_extra_0.3.xml
- list of all properties http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Properties&limit=500&offset=0
Now let's take a look at a few specific classes
- class (used as sub-page of another main class) http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:Condition_Subpage
- form defined for that class http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Form:Condition
- form used during editing an instance of that class http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Special:FormEdit/Condition/sample_Condition
- an applied class (Easel Painting) that's subclass of a generic class (Museum Object) http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:EN39-Easel_Painting http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:EN29-Museum_Object
Now let’s take a look at some instances
- a specific Easel Painting. Notice the DeepZoom representation, the form fields (some of them referring to other pages), and the sub-pages represented as bullets and accessible at hierarchical URIs http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/NG808
- corresponds to this (and may have been imported from it): http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/goto/painting.ashx?ID=NG808
- editing this instance http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=NG808&action=formedit
- sub-page about the production of this instance http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/NG808:_Production
- the edit form is either not fully functional, or not presented fully to an anon user: http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=NG808&action=formedit
- even a basic search for related objects doesn't work: http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Special:SearchByProperty?title=Special%3ASearchByProperty&property=P14F-carried+out+by&value=Giovanni+Bellini
I'm not sure who's doing this work.
- Emmanuelle, do you know? Emmanuelle sent me this link (re a particular modeling pattern): http://research.ng-london.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:EN41-Artist_Sub_Group
- Last updates are from 2012.
Jana, this answers some of your questions "How would SMW look to end-users".
But I'm not sure in the best possible light