- Apache Lucene document repository
- embedded OWLIM SE semantic repository
- default memory usage of 2 GB RAM.
If you need to use KIM 3.7 with a larger number of documents, remember to configure the memory usage.
- enabled Facets interface over the semantic repository.
- KIM listens for local Java RMI connections on port 1099, and uses the additional port 10990 for data connections.
- PROTON as Ontology
- the KIM World Knowledge Base (KB) as background knowledge
- disabled Document upload in the Manage console
- Open a console window and execute the following command in the bin folder of KIM:
On Windows, you can also start KIM by running kim.bat from Windows Explorer.
- Review the console output. Booting KIM may take a few minutes. When KIM starts, you get the message:
|If you get an error message, please consult the Troubleshooting and the Recommended hardware configuration in the Administration Guide. Maybe some elements of the default configuration are not applicable to your environment.|
from a console in the bin folder. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+C in the KIM console window.
Please make sure you stop the KIM Server only by using the instructions, because the server needs to shutdown its internal database cleanly. While the KIM Server tries to detect when it is being shutdown because of user logging off, restarting of the machine or closing the console window, some operating systems don't always allow the server to stop cleanly in those cases. Particularly, avoid closing the console window and always stop KIM before restarting the computer on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.
To connect the web applications to the KIM server, start your preferred servlet container.