A typical KIM-based semantic solutions architecture:
- acquires content through focused web crawling or imports it from a file storage
- organizes and uploads knowledge, through mapping of ontologies, taxonomies, Linked Data
- extracts facts from content
- creates a semantic index, linking content and knowledge
- provides multi-paradigm semantic search over data, documents, and facts
As a result of this process you can use multiple search paradigms to explore your information space through a set of default or custom user interfaces.