Entity Description shows the ontology class to which the selected entity belongs to, the main relations defined for it, and a list of related entities. You can view it from:
- Facets by clicking the red magnifying glass in front of each entity name in the columns.
- Entity Query Result by clicking an entity marked as hyperlink in blue in the Entity column.
- Document Detail by clicking an entity marked as a hyperlink in blue in the Body section.
Entity Description consists of two sections. The first section displays the preferred synonym, the definition of the concept, and a list of the main relations defined for the selected entity. The second section shows the entities to which the selected entity is related.
For example, if you click on the link “United States”, in the first section of the entity description, “United States” is defined as an entity of the type “Country”. It is marked as trusted which means that it was pre-populated in the knowledge base from a trusted source. Its main alias is “United States” but it also has another alias like: “U.S.”, "US", "U.S", etc. It has many types of relations with other entities some of which are:
Part of North America
- Located in North America
- Subregion of North America
- has Capital Washington, D.C.
- hasAdjective Americano , Americain , Americains , American , Americaines ...
On the right-hand corner of the window you can find the icons.
With the arrows you can move forward or backwards, the +/- icons expands/shrinks the entity description view, the D icon shows all documents containing this entity.