Upgrade from 6.2
No changes in the engine.
No incompatible changes in the Workbench.
No incompatible changes in the Connectors.
Upgrade from 6.1
There are no changes in the repository format between 6.1 and 6.2, but it is highly recommended that the repository gets checked with the Storage tool.
- Stop GraphDB
- Use offline Storage Tool to check repo integrity
- run check command that checks indexes consistence
- the check will report any problems into index consistence
- if no problem detected continue with scan command
- else use the Storage Tool rebuild command to rebuild the broken index(exception predLists rebuilds automatically on GraphDB start if you delete its files before that)
- run scan command that check the integrity of the data in statement indexes
- the scan will report any problem in statement indexes
- if no problem detected continue with upgrade
- else use the Storage Tool rebuild command to rebuild the broken statement index from one of its siblings
- Start GraphDB
The upgrade is simple as replacing the .WAR files, the only new step is the repo integrity check that can detect and fix problems related to older versions then 6.2
Upgrade from 5.x