The report Mapping of Cultural Heritage actions in European Union policies, programmes and activities, DG Education and Culture, July 2014 was published.
It aims to contribute to the development of a strategic approach to the preservation and promotion of European heritage.
It responds to the "Conclusions on cultural heritage as a strategic resource for a sustainable Europe" adopted by the Council of the European Union on 20th May 2014, and complements the European Commission Communication "Towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe", published in July 2014.
The report provides a wide (but not exhaustive) range of information about EU policies, legislation, programmes and funding opportunities relevant to cultural heritage.
For example, Horizon2020 funding strands relevant to Cultural Heritage include:
- Call (REFLECTIVE-1-2014): ERA-NET on the uses of the past
- Call (REFLECTIVE-9-2014): Social Platform on Reflective Societies
- Call (REFLECTIVE-2-2015): Emergence and transmission of European cultural heritage and Europeanisation
- Call (REFLECTIVE-3-2015): European cohesion, regional and urban policies and the perceptions of Europe
- Call (REFLECTIVE-4-2015): Cultural opposition in the former socialist countries
- Call (REFLECTIVE-5-2015): The cultural heritage of war in contemporary Europe
- Call (REFLECTIVE-7-2014): Advanced 3D modelling for accessing and understanding European cultural assets
- Call (INT-11-2015): European cultural and science diplomacy: exploiting the potential of culture and science in the EU’s external relations
- Call (EE-03-2014): Energy strategies and solutions for deep renovation of historic buildings